Donate to the USS Silversides Museum
The USS Silversides Submarine Museum is a 501(c) nonprofit and we sustain our mission through generous donations, membership fees, and admissions from people like you.
Here are a few simple ways you can help honor, remember, and educate through the USS Silversides Submarine Museum:
- Donate an individual financial gift
- Become a Corporate Partner
- Plan your giving through a bequest gift, adding the museum as a beneficiary, or make a Charitable Gift Annuity
- Sponsor an event, program, or exhibit
- Stock donations
Tax-Deductible Monetary Donations
We accept donations in cash, check, or through our online store. Note that all monetary donations to our museum are tax deductible, including stock holdings.
Where does the money go?
As a registered 501(c)(3), the USS Silversides Submarine Museum strives to cover the cost of our expenses and does not make a profit.
Here are a few areas in which your financial gift can help:
- Exhibit Preservation
- Artifact Supplies
- Vessel Maintenance
- Building and Property Maintenance
- Outdoor Trash Receptacles
- Landscaping Supplies
- Remotely Operated Vehicle Class Kits
- Field Trip Programming
- Future Exhibits
- Art Restoration
To donate by check, please make out to “USS Silversides Submarine Museum” and mail your check to:
USS Silversides Submarine Museum
1346 Bluff St
Muskegon, Michigan 49441
To donate stock holdings, please call us at 231-755-1230 or email [email protected] for guidance.
To donate by credit card or PayPal, click on the button be
Our museum displays a wide range of military artifacts. We also hold many artifacts in safe storage, either to be used in future exhibits or to be accessed by researchers.
We welcome donations of artifacts of military significance connected to any period in our history, but we are not able to accept all donations. When evaluating donations, we consider:
- Is the item of military significance?
- Does the item have exhibit or research potential?
- Could the item be used for educational programs?
- Can the item be properly stored, protected, and preserved in its current condition and with our available resources?
- Does the item fill an identified gap in the collection or could it replace an inferior example?
- Will this item be an unnecessary duplication?
- Are we legally able to hold the artifact?
To begin the artifact donation process, please contact Don Kitchen at [email protected]
Thank you to our donors
The following donors have contributed $1,000 or more in the past 12 months.
- Blue Lake Public RadioC.W. Marsh Co.
- Eagle Alloy, Inc.
- Eagle Aluminum Cast Products
- Eagle CNC Technologies
- Eagle Precision Cast Parts, Inc.
- Hines Corporation
- Hughes Builders
- JSJ Corporation
- Mercy Health
- Michigan Humanities Council
- Newkirk Electric Associates, Inc.
- The Lorraine F. Bertsch and Fred S. Bertsch Foundation
- US Submarine Veterans, Escolar Base
- Webb Chemical Services
For general questions or comments, please fill out the form below or email us at [email protected]